Sammakka Saralamma Jathara Medaram, Waranagal, Mulugu, Telangana, India

Ghanpur Kota Gullu

Ghanpur temples, popularly known as Kota Gullu, are a group of 12th century stone temples that are located in Ghanpur near Jayashankar Bhupalpally.

Kota Gullu were constructed by King Ganapatideva, a ruler of the famous Kakatiya dynasty, during the period 1199–1260 AD.

Temples are constructed within a double walled stone enclosure. Of all these temples, the main temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, is the most admirable. There is yet another temple that is dedicated to Shiva, to the north of the main temple that looks alike in appearance. The other shrine of the temple consists of Garbhagriha and Antarala.

The most striking feature of the temples is the Sabha mandapa porches. Two madanikas are seen on the northern side of the portico. The eastern and southern porticos are embellished with several mythical figures of GajaKesari, half human-half lion form riding on elephant, and horse-head lion back on elephant.